Overview of Class Opportunities
- OPEN ENROLLMENT – If there’s room, you and your dog can start anytime. That means no waiting! Do you have a behavior issue? Let’s begin right away. Group classes are held Sunday
- EXPANDING MINDZ WITH CANINES – Skillbuilding with dogs for children, teens, and adults with life challenges. In addition, we work with development of skilled companion animals, emotional support partners, therapy dogs, and service animals.
- AKC EVALUATOR AND INSTRUCTOR – (Jodee Kulp #42008 2009-Present)
- AKC FUN – Trick Titling and Beginning Rally
- VET VICTORY VISITS – As a Fear Free Certified trainer, I help your canine build skills for you and your puppy be confident on vet visits.
- ABC COLLEGE LEVEL 2 MENTOR – At the end of your ABC College requirements you may be selected to work with me in my training programs. I am a graduate of Animal Behavior College in 2008 and attained the ABC DT Level 2 certification in 2017. I understand the course of study and can help you move ahead with your dog training instructor or canine behavior goals.
AKC Canine Good Citizens
Looking to begin titling your canine partner? The AKC Good Citizen programs are a great place to start. AKC STAR PUPPY has been a successful program incorporating fun alongside canine handling and training skills. My youngest handler in over 350 graduates being a precocious four-year-old girl with a rescue shelter puppy.
In 2015, we were proud to be part of the first group of AKC Urban CGC graduates which included a Border Collie, a St. Bernard and an English Mastiff.
In 2019, George graduated with an honorary AKC Canine Good Citizen, and yes, he is a Suidae (Pig)!
Four Levels of AKC CANINE GOOD CITIZEN:
- STAR Puppy
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC)
- AKC Community Canine (CGCA)
- AKC Urban Good Citizen (CGCU)
Once you have graduated as a Canine Good Citizen we welcome you to proceed to our AKC Trick Dog Titling Program.
Four Levels of AKC TRICK TITLES:
- Advanced Trick Dog (TKA) The dog must have the Intermediate title, plus perform 5 tricks from the Advanced list.
- Novice Trick Dog (TKN) The dog performs 10 skills from the Novice list. (see the link to “Application” below for lists of skills). If a dog has a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certificate or title on record at AKC, it can do 5 Novice tricks (CGC + 5) to earn the Novice title.
- Intermediate Trick Dog (TKI) The dog must have the Novice title, plus perform 10 Intermediate tricks.
- Trick Dog Performer (TKP) In this title, handlers perform a short routine with at least 10 tricks previously learned.