With the governor’s new plan, PawZup will be starting in-person classes on and after Tuesday, May 26th with new safety measures in place.
For dog parents and dogs who are experiencing cabin fever, please join us at PawZup out-side-of-the-store for dog training. We will offer small group classes – limited to 10 or fewer humans total including our staff
Human & Dog Safety:
During the current COVID-19 crisis, we have added new measures to keep dogs and humans safe along with some of our normal program processes:
- Registration will be mandatory as classes must remain under 10 humans. One person per dog, if two people attend they must be from the same household.
- We require everyone to provide written proof of their dog’s current vaccination status
- Only two staff members (maximum) are present in addition to class members
- We use the “six-foot rule” to maintain distance between clients – dogs are fine with this change. You will have your own designated training area.
- Do not bring sick dogs. If your dog has kennel cough please do not bring them to the facility until two weeks after coughing has ended. If your dog has diarrhea please keep your pet home.
- Please bring the following to class: Dog water bowl, treats, high-value toys.
- We have adjusted our training classes to avoid handshakes, fist bumps, and hugs. Trainer will maintain the six-foot rule and we ask you do not pet each other’s dogs.
Safety Due to Covid 19
Participants agree to cooperate with current rules regarding facial coverings/mask, social distancing and hand sanitizing, as recommended by the;
- CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/index.html
- MN Health Department https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/basics.html#mask
We will meet in outside spaces instead of in the store at Pet Supplies Plus and class human-size must remain under 10 participants.
Due to the coronavirus situation we are also now including the following additional practices:
- PLEASE BRING A MASK/FACE COVERING TO CLASS. We will introduce dogs in positive ways to people wearing human muzzles. Please put on your mask before you exit your car and come into the training space.
- Please use your own bathroom before leaving for a class to minimize the number of people using the bathroom at the store. However, our bathrooms will still be available to students if needed.
- Please do not hang out after class in the parking lot. We ask that you head home to avoid connecting with the next students arriving.
- Please stay home if you’re ill or believe you may have been exposed. Any client who is ill or believes they may have been exposed should please contact us. If you do not feel well, have unusual cough, fever, chills, body aches, loss of taste & smell, stay home. If you have been exposed to COVID-19 you may not attend classes for 14 days from known exposure.
Let’s enjoy this new different training season. Please email Jodee Kulp if you have any questions at all.
PRIVATE LESSONS are currently being conducted online via zoom or facetime
What you need:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone with a camera/webcam and microphone
- Internet, wi-fi, or unlimited cell data
- If using a phone or tablet, please download the Zoom Meetings app prior to your appointment
Lessons can cover any behaviors you need help:
- New puppy support
- Leash manners
- Behavior evaluations
$150 Initial consultation and lesson (1 1/2 hours)
$100 Follow up lessons